In the department of health and society, we put this maxim of the World Health Organisation into practice through research, evaluation and participation projects. In doing so, we work at the level of living environments (settings) in the context of municipalities, federal states, and at national and international level. We work inclusively and turn those affected into participants, whether children and young people, marginalised people, people with disabilities or the wider population. We do not offer ready-made standards, but develop context-sensitive solutions in dialogue with the clients, because only living work is healthy.
The department of health and society carries out participatory projects with a focus on research, evaluation, process support and counselling on a wide range of health-related topics.
The main areas of focus include:
- Equal opportunities in health
- Participation and social inclusion
- Promotion of physical activity, healthy and sustainable nutrition
We implement the following formats and methods in a participation-oriented way:
- Evaluation and quality development, e.g., target-impact workshops
- Qualitative and quantitative study designs and research methods, e.g., focus groups and survey feedback
- Capacity development and competence transfer, e.g., training, workshops, moderation of dialogue formats.
In doing so, we develop and create:
- Concepts and strategies
- Health and prevention reports
- Curricula and further education
The nexus Health and Society Department works primarily for clients in the fields of health and nutrition, such as the Federal Ministry of Health (BMG) and the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL), federal authorities such as the Federal Center for Health Education (BZgA), state associations for health promotion and prevention, and health insurance companies and their associations, such as the Verband der Ersatzkassen e.V. (vdek).
The Health and Society Department is headed by Tzvetina Arsova Netzelmann.